For 12 good sized muffins;
100g fresh blueberries
225g plain flour
150g granulated sugar
80ml vegetable oil
80ml milk (I used semi-skimmed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
My sweet crumble topping;
50g sugar (you can use any, I used demerara)
22g cold butter, cubed
20g plain flour
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• Preheat your oven to 200 degrees / 400 degrees / gas mark 6
• Grease a muffin tray and add your muffin cases!
• Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder (I put the ingredients in separate bowls so it was really easy to combine them all)
• In a separate bowl/jug, combine the oil, milk and egg and give it a good whisk. Then add to the dry ingredients (all at once) and stir everything into each other.
• Fold in the fresh blueberries
• Pour evenly into each of the muffin cases
• Combine the flour for the crumble topping with the cubed butter using your fingertips until it’s like a breadcrumb consistency.
• Add the sugar and the cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes (remember to prick the largest muffin in the centre to make sure they’re baked throroughly).
I’d love to see photos of your finished blueberry muffins so feel free to send them over! (Contact @ top of page).
Love, J xxx