Hiya! As promised, many days ago, here’s my banana & nutella swirl muffin recipe. Happy baking!!
For 16 good sized muffins;
• 450g plain flour
• 3 bananas (works best if they’re over-ripe)
• 100g caster sugar
• 100g brown/demerara sugar
• 100-125g nutella depending on how choclatey you want them
• 50ml sunflower oil
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract / 2 teaspoons if you’re using essence
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• OPTIONAL: I added about 30-50ml milk as I felt the mixture was too thick. But this is down to personal choice!
Optional Crumble Topping;
• 50g sugar (you can use any ‘larger grain’, I used demerara)
• 22g cold butter, cubed
• 20g plain flour
• 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade / 350 degrees farenheit / gas mark 4.
• Grease a muffin tray (or two as you need 16 cases) and add the cases.
• Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium sized bowl.
• In another larger bowl, mash the 3 bananas to whichever consistency suits you – I left it quite lumpy so I had larger bits of banana inside the muffins. Then add your sugar, egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until you get a smooth consistency.
• Sift in the dry ingredients (the flour etc) into the banana mix until all is combined.
• Pour evenly into your muffin cases.
• Heat your nutella for 1 minute (in the microwave) or until runny on a Bain-Marie and then add a teaspoon onto the top of each muffin. Grab a toothpick/baking spike and swirl the nutella into the muffin mixture.
• Add your sweet crumble top – if you’ve decided to go for it. Then bake for 20-25 minutes. (Remember to prick the largest muffin in the centre to make sure they’re all cooked through).
• Make a cuppa and enjoy your muffin :))
I’d love to see your finished muffins – tag me on insta or send me some photos?
Love, J xxx