Hello! As promised; the recipe for mine and Ole’s chicken curry with butternut squash:
Ingredients for 3-4 people are as follows;
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 red chillis
• 1 green chilli
• 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon turmeric
• 3 teaspoons of chilli powder (add more to taste – ours had a little kick)
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• 3-4 chicken breasts
• 1/2 can of coconut milk
• 1 large onion – red or white
• 1/2 red bell pepper
• 1/2 green bell pepper
• 1 butternut squash
• 1 handful of curly kale/spinach
• Put some oil in a pan and heat for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
• Chop the garlic, chillis and ginger and add to the pan.
• Add the spices and mix together thoroughly for another 3 minutes or so.
• Put the combined ingredients in a pestle and mortar and mix into a paste. (If you haven’t got a pestle and mortar you could use a small bowl and a spoon!) Then put aside.
• After you’ve peeled and cut the butternut squash into cubes, boil for 20 minutes. (You can do the next step whilst it’s on the boil).
• Brown the onion and peppers in the same pan and add the chicken and paste after 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Here is where you’d add more chilli powder if you think it needs it).
• Once the chicken is cooked through, add the butternut squash, coconut milk and kale and stir on a medium heat. Add a lid to the pan and cook for a further 10-15 minutes to thicken.
• Serve with a rice of your choice, naan bread and poppadoms and you’re ready to go!
Thank you for reading! Happy cooking :))
Love, J xxx