Hello! I’ve been wanting to post this recipe for a while now, but haven’t made it in ages so haven’t had the dish in front of me to take photos! But now I do, so here it is :))
You should definitely give this one a try as we think it tastes better than most restaurants we’ve had a carbonara in!!
Ingredients for 4-5 people;
• 80g of dried pasta per person / 100g if you’re planning on using fresh pasta. (I personally like using rigatoni or penne for this dish but it’s up to you!)
• 350ml double cream
• 200g pancetta lardons (could use bacon or pancetta strips if not!)
• 75g of grated parmesan cheese / 100-120g if you’re planning on using ‘Italian hard cheese’ (this has a weaker taste compared to parmesan).
• 50g salted butter
• 1 leek
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Shavings of parmesan for the top!
• Boil the water for your pasta and add once boiling.
• Add the butter to a fairly deep frying pan, on a medium heat, and add the pancetta lardons.
• Once cooked, add the leeks and the garlic and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the leeks have softened.
• Add all of the cream and mix all of the ingredients together. Season with some pepper.
• Add the cheese and mix again, turn down the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
• The pasta should be cooked now so drain in a colander and add to the sauce. (If the pan is too small, add the sauce to the pasta instead) and give it a good mix up.
• That’s it! Serve with some extra parmesan on top and some garlic bread!
So easy and so yummy!!! Let me know how you get on!:)
Love, J xxx