Hello! I am so sorry – again – that I haven’t blogged in ages, but I’ve been so busy prepping for a university interview I had yesterday (priorities right?).
Anyway, a couple of days ago me and Ole made this nutella pastry tear and share star! So here’s the really easy recipe:
* Ready roll puff pastry (you can make your own, but it’s so much easier to use ready-roll, especially the first time of making this pastry!)
* 200g melted Nutella spread (we did ours in the microwave – for 40 seconds – but you could sit the jar in some boiling water for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally). You may need a little more depending on your plate/bowl size.
* Some egg whites for coating the star once finished
* Set your oven to 180*C.
* Roll out the pastry on a floured surface til it’s about 3mm thin (I know this seems thin but it’s puff pastry remember!)
* Place a bowl/plate onto the pastry and cut round it – we were able to cut round it 4 times so make sure you use a plate/bowl that will allow this – if not, use 2 packets of ready-roll pastry!
* Place the first circle on a greased tray and spread some nutella all over it.
* Then add another layer of pastry and repeat until they’re all sandwiched nicely on top of each other! (DO NOT PUT NUTELLA ON THE TOP!)
* Once you’ve finished, place a small cup in the centre (don’t push it down) and then cut 16 equal slices like a pizza.
* Get two slices that are next to each other and twist outward TWICE. Do this the whole way around and you should be left with 8 pieces.
* Pinch the ends together so they point like a star and do this for all 8 pieces.
* Brush on the egg whites and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until brown).
* Sprinkle with some homemade cinnamon sugar (3 teaspoons granulated sugar + half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon).
* Now tear and share!!!
Our one lasted about 10 minutes I think haha! We made it again yesterday and we used ‘Biscoff Spread’ in the middle layer and this was equally as yummy! But you could try any combo you fancy!!
Love, J xxx
1 thought on “Our Nutella Tear & Share”
Oh. My. YUM!