We made this curry a couple of weeks ago and I have had requests for the recipe! I send sincere apologies for how long this has taken to be posted, but nonetheless, here it is!
(Jax absolutely loves this curry and it’s not spicy at all – Jax is a good eater but if you do have a fussy toddler, you could just give them the coconut rice and the chicken!)
Ingredients for 4 people;
For the sauce:
* 600ml chicken stock
* 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
* 1 white onion – chopped to how you like it (we like them chunky)
* 5 chopped garlic cloves
* 2 carrots – peeled and sliced fairly thin
* 2 tablespoons of plain flour
* 2 tablespoons of medium curry powder
* 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
* 1/2 a teaspoon of garam masala
* If you would like a spicier version, add 1-2 red chillies
For the coating of the chicken:
* 100g seasoned plain flour
* 1 egg
* 200g panko breadcrumbs
* Oil for frying
Sticky Coconut Rice:
* 300g of basmati rice
* Half a can of coconut milk
* 250-300ml of hot water
What to do!
* Add the vegetable oil to a medium-sized pan. Once hot, add the sliced onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
* Next, add the carrots and sweat slowly for 10 minutes (medium heat) and pop a lid on the pan. Stir occasionally until the onions, garlic and carrots have softened/caramelised.
* Then, stir in the flour and the curry powder. Slowly add the chicken stock to make sure there’s no lumps.
* Add the sugar and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every now and then.
* After 10 minutes of the sauce reducing, lay out the seasoned flour, egg and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Roll the chicken breasts in the flour, dip in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Make sure every bit is coated!
* In a separate pan, add the hot water (for the rice) and the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Then add the rice, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes.
* Heat the oil for frying on a high heat, in a deep pan. Once boiling, reduce the heat and add the chicken breasts. Fry on each side for until golden and cooked through. (Usually 5 minutes on each side).
* Once fully cooked, drain on some kitchen roll and serve!
* You shouldn’t need to drain your rice, but don’t worry too much if you do!
I hope you have fun making this! It can get a bit messy but the end result is worth it. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask!
Love, J xxx
The link for my Youtube is here, you can also follow me on Bloglovin’ here, on Instagram here, Twitter here & Pinterest here!:)